Re: Bought A New Sports Car on the Dark Side

To: twakeman@razzolink.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bought A New Sports Car on the Dark Side
From: TOMJOANNMI@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 11:31:44 EDT
Several years ago I became intrigued by the Miata so I went to the dealer for
a look. I agree that it reminds me of the MGB. After sitting in the vehicle I
instantly was jolted back to reality. I will never be able to drive this car.
At 6'1", I'm not able to see out the front windshield! My line of vision is
directly through the upper bar of the windshield. The seat could not be
adjusted so that I could feel comfortable. It needed to be so far reclined that
felt like I was laying on a luge. Maybe the engineers have now resolved this
problem, but it instantly turned me off to the car and I then turned my focus
restoring my TR6. Yeh, it lacks the modern day performance of the newer sports
cars but, that's not the reason I still haven't been able to part with it
after 25 years. It was one of the first cars I ever owned and it will be in the
family for as long as I'm alive. How many Miata owners will be able to say
that?
            Tom Miller   1975 TR6 (owned since 1980)