Re: Bought A New Sports Car on the Dark Side

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bought A New Sports Car on the Dark Side
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 19:34:05 +0100
On Sun, 3 Apr 2005, at around 10:01:24 local time, Kinderlehrer
<kinderlehrer@comcast.net> wrote:

>"if you want a car to drive because you have to go some place, get a Miata.
>If you are looking for a car because you want to go out and drive, get the
>Triumph."

My version of this is slightly different: "if you have to travel a
hundred thousand miles a year, get a Miata, otherwise get a Triumph.
Whatever your mileage, a well-maintained Triumph will be as reliable as
a well-maintained modern car, but a damn sight more fun.   I don't want
you running a decent Triumph into the ground, though..."

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671