Re: Bought A New Sports Car on the Dark Side

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bought A New Sports Car on the Dark Side
From: Greg <one_second_zero@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 08:24:21 -0700 (PDT)
Exactly why I still have the TR6.  The smell of oil and gas and other things
British (I'd say leather, but the original seats in the TR6 are vinyl!).
Arriving at my destination with the aroma of gas/oil/exhaust clinging to my
clothes. Its a wave of nostalgia.

Someone else mentioned that their LBC was their only car early in their
history.  That also strikes a chord for me.  When my wife and I first married
24 years ago, we had only two cars...  An old beater Toyota (long since
deceased) and the TR6.   Ironically, the TR6 was far more reliable than the
Toyota "family" car.  I remember her parents and others trying to convince us
to sell the TR6 and buy a more practical family car.  We refused and she drove
around with our baby girl in an infant seat in the passenger side of the TR6
with bags of groceries on the package shelf behind the seats (I drove the
beater Toyota).  No matter how tough things got financially, we held on to that
car.  So, no, I won't sell it.  Its part of the family.

ps.  Ironically, my wife is now the primary daily driver of the BMW M Coupe.
Something about her and sports cars....

-Greg
1976 TR6