Re: Bought A New Sports Car on the Dark Side

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bought A New Sports Car on the Dark Side
From: "Jeff Fenwick" <jfenwick1@cogeco.ca>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 14:38:53 -0400
Apologies in advance about the length and non-Triumph nature of this post,
but the thread has struck a chord with me.

1998, just turned 40, I sat in a Miata at the auto show but something didn't
feel right. Too much like a mid-life crisis I guess ;-). Then I started
thinking
about MGBs and Triumphs - but you just don't see them on the road much,
day-to-day. I supposed they were all gone :(
A 3 liner in the newspaper mentioned "new MINI being developed by Rover
(BMW) to replace the original *still in production*". Tripped over my feet
get to my computer to Google it. 4 months later I pulled into a fellow's
driveway,
where a beautiful metallic green 1978 Mini was waiting next to an identical
colour Miata. The fellow had restored the Mini, but between bits falling off
and the fact that the engine wouldn't start, and the Miata was just so
comfy and reliable, well, it was time for the Mini to go. Got it for a song.

I'm looking forward to my 7th season in Mandy, if the snow will stop.
And I hope he's still enjoying his Miata, because he's not getting my
Mini back ;-)

Jeff