Re: Bought A New Sports Car on the Dark Side

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bought A New Sports Car on the Dark Side
From: Steve Myers <mountainunicycle@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 23:42:41 -0700
I often drive with my friends in the hills around the Bay Area. We
usually have the new vette, an S2000, a miata, a boxster, and I'm in
the TR6. We swap keys frequently.

It took me an embarrassingly long time to come to this simple
conclusion. Driving can offer two, distinctly different types of fun:
fast motoring, and visceral motoring.

Of course the S2000 is fast, but not at all visceral. It's almost
completely silent, even when at the limit. Ditto miata and boxster, and
to a lesser extent, the 'vette. The TR6 is visceral all the time, at
the limit or not--vibration in the wheel, loud engine, smell of hot
engine.

Personally, I don't enjoy fast nearly as much as visceral, and I have a
different car as a daily driver. The TR6 is perfect in this regard for
me. However, my friends are more into fast than visceral, so their cars
are the best for them. Of course, those are their daily drivers, too,
and I'd take those too in that case.

TeriAnn hit it on the nose--depends on who you are and what you want
your car to do.

Perhaps the Elise provides both fast *and* visceral? :)

Steve