RE: Off-topic question no LBC

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Off-topic question no LBC
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:44:30 -0700
> I think more apropos is the fact that in spite the much more efficient
> superhighway systems and more powerful cars our commute times
> have been increasing
> since the 40's.

I suspect that's more a function of commute distances increasing than
reduced speeds.

Even living near Los Angeles, I hit 75 on the way to work most mornings.
Was close to 80 this morning when I saw a motorcycle CHP, but fortunately he
went after the Caddy that had passed me.

22 miles takes me maybe 30 minutes in the morning, 40 in the evening.  But
most of that time is on surface streets.

Randall