Re: VTR Site Restricted

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VTR Site Restricted
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 12:13:00 -0400
One of the Triumph Stag clubs has restricted access to such info. I
don't like it and didn't join, for that an other reasons that I feel
relate to it.

I joined the VTR back before it had a site, renewed for years, and let
my membership lapse when I had a lapse in employment. I was the first to
sign up for membership using the new site, just because it makes it easy.

I think that nothing is served by restricting the availability of the
information. Lets face it, some people are not going to join a club just
to get access to information that may be of no value to them. Other's
won't join even if the information is of value to them. Some won't join
when they need to spend money restoring the car, but may join after the
car is running and they wish to participate in the VTR sponsored events.
But in any case, these people are preserving (or trying to preserve) a
car that swells the ranks of Triumph owners. Even if they don't join,
those cars may someday pass into the hands of those who will. Otherwise,
they just may pass into junkyards.

George Richardson
1957 Triumph TR3 - TS15559L http://www.key-men.com/triumph
1975 Triumph TR6 - Undergoing restoration
1972 Triumph Stag - Daily Driver - currently undergoing repairs
Key Men: Keys for Classics - http://www.key-men.com