Re: VTR Site Restricted

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VTR Site Restricted
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 20:17:47 EDT
In a message dated 5/22/2005 6:54:50 PM Central Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:
> Not sure I like the analogy of reading something on the Internet to
> stealing
> nuts &bolts at the hardware store.  After all, VTR still has the information
> even after I've read it, while the local hardware store cannot sell the nuts
> &
> bolts that have "walked".  There might be some similarity, if they were
> using a
> metered web host, but surely they aren't !?

Granted, not the best anology but my point is that somethings are done for
public relations purposes and trying to apply a P&L to everything is not the
best course of action.

The technical websites should be considered in the same vein.  Afterall the
information contained therein is for all practical purposes public domain and
the authors are free to post thier articals in other websites, club newsletters
and how-to books if they can find a publisher (or self publish as Dan Masters
did).

Heck, if someone else wants to host a bebsite for all this information then
VTR can drop their support and just post a link in the home page.

Dave