RE: VTR Site Restricted

To: "'TR'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: VTR Site Restricted
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 07:30:01 -0700 (PDT)
It is with sadness and misgivings that I read about VTR's decision to restrict
their maintenance section of it's website.  As a nonmember, I really have no
business expressing my opinion, but it WAS one of the things I admired about
the club - their willingness to help any Triumph owner.

I will say that I am forced to remove references to VTR's website from mine,
since those references point people to a resource that is no longer available.
Guess it really doesn't matter, since I need to remove references and links to
other resources that are no longer available either.  Looks like that sense of
fellowship that attracted me to the Triumph community is fading.

I was insired to start my website by VTR's, and thought I was maybe providing a
useful service ... and over 20,000 visitors made me think maybe I was.  Now I
wonder if I should just shut it down since it seems everyone else is locking
their knowledge away. I have and would offer to host more maintenance articles,
but doubt my little free website has the space or bandwith to replace this lost
resource.

Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS, O/D, SAH Tuned "Chance"
'73 Stag 4.3L, Auto, A/C, etc "Molly"