RE: GT6 Hot Box? You weren't kidding!

To: "'Cameron Rooke'" <beaker211@rogers.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GT6 Hot Box? You weren't kidding!
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:32:55 -0700
Cameron,
There are 2 common things that people do.

First, if the transmission cover is not already insulated, do that.  It
goes a long way toward keeping the interior cool.  I sprayed
Polyurethane foam insulation onto the underside of the PVC plastic cover
and it has worked fine.  Others use the original bag type insulation
material and still others have used the stick-on foam/aluminum foil type
insulation.  But whatever you do it will certainly help.

The other thing I did and most have as well, is to put insulation
material under the carpeting.  That keeps the engine and exhaust system
heat out of the cockpit.

Regards,
Joe