RE: TR3A Paint Color Thoughts

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Paint Color Thoughts
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:45:25 -0700
> Maybe I should have tried candy apple red with about 20 coats of clear.
>   No one could accuse that as not being a period colour.  The TR steel
> wheels, reversed, with baby moon hub caps,  Moon eyes decals right
> behind the front wheels, white diamond tuck upholstery with red buttons.

If that's what pleases you, then go for it !
As I've always said, it's your car, it should please you.

BTW, metalflake is also "period correct" for the late 50's, at least as a custom
paint.  And much more practical than the early candy apple red, which tended to
fade badly in the sunlight.

And the TR6 wheels on my TR3A looked a bit like they were 'reversed'.

Hmmm, baby moons ... <G>

Randall