RE: Brake Caliper Conspiracy

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake Caliper Conspiracy
From: "JPG" <jpg2@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:25:30 -0600
All the previous comments on the calipers are enlightening. However, they
are also a bit perplexing. I recently had the calipers on my TR3A rebuilt by
a supposedly reputable local shop. Now I wonder if those "experts" knew what
they were doing with the correct torque settings. The last comment by
Randall that repeated forces over time could cause failure down the road
even if all looks good for now, is especially worrisome.

This leads to two questions:

1. Who is well respected for caliper rebuilding?

2. An early statement in this thread mentioned new calipers for sale. Who is
selling new TR calipers?

Jack Gleason
59 TR3A

===     http://www.vtr.org