Re: Brake Caliper Conspiracy

To: spamiam@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Caliper Conspiracy
From: Windoseat@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 13:09:10 EST
Makes perfect sense. In fact I believe it would benefit all of us on this
list to create a "How To" prodecure to rebuild calipers and any other critical
safety components. In many cases
bolts can be procured from aircraft sources to make the caliper "better than
originally" designed. I have an acquaintence who was an engineer at
Kelsey-Hayes and he has evaluated and developed brake components for Girling
and others.
In fact he supplied me with a caliper upgrade containing three pistons insted
of two (one oblong with rounded ends and two round on the opposite side) for
my GT6+. These are Girling calipers. I'm sure we could ply him for information
on the proper assembly and components. This gentleman manufactures parts that
are no longer available for Model A Fords and he builds them faithfully to
Henry's original specs.

As for the experts, I've seen good and bad over the years and I'd just as
soon do my own research and come to my own conclusions. The information is out
there but it takes time and dedication to find it.

Greg Wolf
KC/79747-L
1970 GT6+
Laurel Green