Re: [TR] Speaking of questionable eBay listings...

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Speaking of questionable eBay listings...
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 06:46:36 -0400
On Wednesday 02 August 2006 09:30 pm, Randall wrote:
> > Why in the world would a TR4 with only 2536 miles have been repainted and
> > reupholstered?
>
> Because the original paint and upholstery was nasty after 40 years of
> sitting in a barn ?  I've got a TR3 in my garage that only sat for 30
> years, and it sure doesn't look too good ... I'll be replacing all of it's
> upholstery.  And there probably weren't any cows, ducks or chickens in it's
> garage !
>
> >  And aren't those 48 spoke wheels?
>
> I don't understand your point here.  Didn't most early TR4s come with 48
> spokes (when they came with wire wheels at all) ?  I thought 60 spokes were
> optional until later in the run.
>
> Randall

I read somewhere that Triumph went to 60 spokes shortly after TR4 production
started. The 48 spokes were not strong enough due to the wider track of the
TR4. I think it may have been as early as the 63 run. My 63 project came with
60 spoke wheels and they look their age!

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org