Re: [TR] Speaking of questionable eBay listings...

To: yellowtr@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Speaking of questionable eBay listings...
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:39:18 EDT
In a message dated 8/3/2006 7:54:16 AM Central Standard Time,
yellowtr@adelphia.net writes:
> If I had the time, I would ride up there to take a look. I am very curious.
>
> But multiple family health issues are keeping me close to home. A close
> inspection would provide the truth behind this 2k mile car. Also it didnt
> look like those tires were original, and who replaces any tire after only 2k
>
> miles?
>
> It would be only about a 2 hour jaunt on the bike on wonderful roads.

If I were considering spending $9K on a car I would certainly invest a couple
hundred on a trip for a personal viewing.  But I'm not in the market.  I have
looked at local cars for others and found some minor and some blatant
misrepresentations.

Also, I wouldn't drive on 40 year old tires no matter how few miles they had.
 The rubber will dry rot after less than 10 years and make the tire unsafe.
I've had really old tires rupture just standing still.

Sounds like you need an excuse for a two hour jaunt on wonderful roads.  Go
for it.  Let us know what you find.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org