Re: [TR] Speaking of questionable eBay listings...

To: Dave1massey@cs.com
Subject: Re: [TR] Speaking of questionable eBay listings...
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 08:34:06 -0400
On Thursday 03 August 2006 08:15 am, Dave1massey@cs.com wrote:
> In a message dated 8/2/2006 7:43:19 PM Central Standard Time,
>
> tr4driver@gmail.com writes:
> > eBay Item No. 120016159727
> >
> > Why in the world would a TR4 with only 2536 miles have been repainted and
> > reupholstered?  And aren't those 48 spoke wheels?  It sure looks like
> > it's been through a lot of changes for only 2536 miles.
>
> Hey, these things wear out in 102536 miles.  Buy it now and with a little
> freshening up you can sell it for $97,000 and make a handy profit.
>
> Seriously, the whole scenario screams of fabrication.  Find a local barn
> and photograph it and tout the old "Barn Find" moniker.  Caveat emptor.
>
> Dave

Dave,

If I had the time, I would ride up there to take a look. I am very curious.
But multiple family health issues are keeping me close to home. A close
inspection would provide the truth behind this 2k mile car. Also it didnt
look like those tires were original, and who replaces any tire after only 2k
miles?

It would be only about a 2 hour jaunt on the bike on wonderful roads.

Oh well.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org