RE: [TR] Speaking of questionable eBay listings...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Speaking of questionable eBay listings...
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:37:41 -0700
> The biggest enemy of paint is sunlight bar none.

Certainly sunlight is the biggest enemy.  But ozone and pollution and time
are up there too, and they aren't only found outdoors.

> If the car were stored
> inside, like anyone who is preserving a low mileage car would be,
> the paint  would
> be in great condition with a little waxing and buffing.

So who says it was stored with the intention of "preserving" it ?  Or that
it was waxed and buffed while it was stored ?

> There are lots of
> LBC's out there in the world that still have original paint jobs
> in great condition

There may be a few, but so far, every single car I've seen with an original
paint job, shows it's age.  And those are cars that are meticulously cared
for, not parked in a barn somewhere.

> But I
> would trust that
> story about as much as all the PC folks telling me that Islam's
> main tenants is  living peacefully!

Or that Christians don't kill and torture people that disagree with them ?

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org