Re: [TR] Speaking of questionable eBay listings...

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Speaking of questionable eBay listings...
From: KBowen7736@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:39:41 EDT
In a message dated 8/3/2006 12:22:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

Why does  everyone think paint only degrades while the car is driven ?  Have
you
ever walked inside a house with 40 year old paint ?  It does NOT  look
"pristine"
!

Randall,
The biggest enemy of paint is sunlight bar none. If the car were stored
inside, like anyone who is preserving a low mileage car would be, the paint
would
be in great condition with a little waxing and buffing. There are lots of
LBC's out there in the world that still have original paint jobs in great
condition and you can bet your ass they weren't stored outside someone's house
in
Arizona for 40 years!

It is possible that someone died and the car was sold to someone who just
had to put a new paint job on a car with 2K miles on it. But I would trust that

story about as much as all the PC folks telling me that Islam's main tenants
is  living peacefully!

===     http://www.vtr.org