Re: [TR] Speaking of questionable eBay listings...

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Speaking of questionable eBay listings...
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:29:04 EDT
In a message dated 8/3/2006 11:39:38 AM Central Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:
> >But the real question is just because a car has only 2500 miles on it is
> it
> >worth nine grand?
>
> Good question !  It's certainly not worth that to me, but some people just
> can't
> resist the allure of "new old stock".  And as always, a car is worth what
> people
> are willing to pay for it.

But this car is New Old Stock Except For... and who knows how long that
Except For list is.  We already know about the cheap and dirty paint and the
improvised interior.  Stored in a barn with dirt floors in a temperate climate
(read
moist) is a recipe for rust even without being driven.  Throw in nesting
raccoons and mice (not at the same time) as well as roosting birds and it could
be
a real disaster.  This is a prime case of go see it first.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org