Re: [TR] Return on investment when restoring a Stag and other

To: triumphstag@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TR] Return on investment when restoring a Stag and other
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:30:22 EDT
In a message dated 8/14/2006 5:29:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
triumphstag@gmail.com writes:

However,  if I picked another Triumph or say an MG to work on,  which
model would involve the least amount of investment, and least amount  of
lose?
Sujit

If it were me I would do a TR250 or 69 TR6 for investment value due to the
relative rarity of both and the availability of parts.  Of course, if you  want
to do them as original, forget it, because both had some "Hard to Fine"
unique components.  BTW did you know that fewer 69 Sixes were produced  than
TR250's?  The 69 would be my next project if I am crazy  enough.  I have a good
one
spotted, with most of the original components in  place, almost done but in
need of refinement and a finishing touch. A high  mileage car originally from
Colorado with history.
If it is a wide mouth TR3 it better be a B in my book but A's can bring  good
money too.  Of course there is the long door Two, can't go wrong  there,
short doors aren't bad either. I am upset that there are relatively  few small
mouth TR3's around and I think they have value now and in the  future. TR4's
are
Hot and good TR4A's are rare.  One never sees a MK 1  Spitfire, maybe a few
MK2's and the occasional MK3. MK 4's and 1500's abound.  Round tail Spits and
GT6+'s are the way to go IMHO. MK3 GT6's are  good if you tweak the engines for
more HP and square tail Spitfires are  cool to modify with twin SU's. Special
Edition TR7's such as Victory or  Spiders have value and FI TR7's are really
good cars.  Good TR8's, FHC's or  DHC's are legendary.

Did I forget any?  Oh MG's!  I would suggest going Chrome Bumper  rather than
Rubber Bumper.  That is all have to say about them.

Cheers,
Darrell

Cheers,
Darrell