Re: [TR] Return on investment when restoring a Stag and other

To: triumphstag@gmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Return on investment when restoring a Stag and other
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:12:38 EDT
In a message dated 8/14/2006 3:29:24 PM Mountain Standard Time,
triumphstag@gmail.com writes:

However,  if I picked another Triumph or say an MG to work on,  which
model would involve the least amount of investment, and least amount  of
lose?

The car needing the least amount of investment and the least amount to lose
would be the fully restored one bought a couple of years after the restoration
 was completed for a fraction of the cost of restoration.

As for your Stag, compare it to buying say a new Honda Civic, cost
approximately $20,000 new and in 7 years worth maybe $2000?  Or your stag,
when you
put $20,000 into it and in 7 years worth maybe...more than $2000 I  bet.

Worst case, you break even..

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in New Mexico

63 TR4

As he stared at her ample  bosom, he daydreamed of the dual Stromberg
carburetors in his vintage  Triumph, highly functional yet pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of  the intake manifold, aching for experienced
hands, the small knurled caps of the  oil dampeners begging to be inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter  seven of the shop manual.
Dan McKay

===     http://www.vtr.org