[TR] Packing an oil pump

To: 6 Pack <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net"
Subject: [TR] Packing an oil pump
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 19:18:23 -0500
   I've heard it helps to pack the oil pump with vaseline after a
rebuild to hasten the build up of oil pressure.  What exactly does that
mean?  Pack the screen and extension, or remove the pump and pack the
body?   A second question, the rod bearing clearance measures .0015",
which I know is within the tolerance range.  The main bearing clearance
measures .00175, but bentley doesn't even mention checking this.  Is
that within range, or does it really matter?  Thanks for any advice.
John Mitchell 76 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org