[TR] BMIHT Certificate Quandry

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [TR] BMIHT Certificate Quandry
From: "wbeech" <wbeech@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 08:50:21 -0600
Good morning List,

Just got the Cert back on my '58 TR3, now I am thrilled and confused.  If
someone on the list knows how the numbers work, perhaps you can collectively
help me with the following questions:

1.      The Commission Number stamped on the plate in the car is TS/30766-L,
but they are giving me TS/30766-LO (with overdrive, a good thing).  But why
wouldn't the plate stamping reflect this as well?
2.      The loose engine that came with the car is listed on the Cert, a
good thing, but the tranny that is loose with it does not have nor does it
show to have had the O/D unit on it.  Perhaps not the original tranny?
3.      The Body Number on the Cert, 986001-TS, seems like a number that is
far and away for the series that it should be, unless I am looking in the
wrong place.  My understanding is that the plate on the firewall above the
battery is the body number, EB 30861, not even close.  Am I looking in the
right place?
4.      Options listed are Wire Wheels(got these), Overdrive(not there),
Heater(has been removed) and Whitewall tyres.  There is a 5.90-15 whitewall
Dunlop Gold Seal in the spare compartment, could this be the original tire?
It is old and not in great shape.
5.      It is currently red with black interior, which I prefer.  The Cert
says it should be black with red(leather) interior.  I there a reference
somewhere to show just how the colors go together?  i.e seats, carpet, door
panels & dash(my dash is red with a black glovebox door and instrument
panel)

Any help on one or more of these would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

BillB

TS/30766-L(O)

===     http://www.vtr.org