Re: [TR] BMIHT Certificate Quandry

To: "wbeech" <wbeech@flash.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [TR] BMIHT Certificate Quandry
From: "Geo & Kathleen Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 15:24:16 -0700
T&C --

As noted, the BMIHT certs can contain errors.  My understanding is that they
are reading a microfilm of a 3x5 card that traveled down the line with the
vehicle -- subject to grease stains, tea stains or whatever -- and may not
have been all that legible in the first place.

Took 2 tries to get mine right as they had obviously misread one digit of
the engine number (3 vs 8).  When I contacted them about it they gladly &
promptly send me a correct copy.

Of course there is only so much they can do if you cannot determine what the
correct data would have been.

BTW -- Heaters were often removed after production (possibly by dealers)
when a car was shipped to the tropics.

Geo