RE: [TR] BMIHT Certificate Quandry

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] BMIHT Certificate Quandry
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 08:45:18 -0700
> 1.    The Commission Number stamped on the  plate in the car
> is TS/30766-L,
> but they are giving me TS/30766-LO (with  overdrive, a good
> thing).  But why
> wouldn't the plate stamping reflect  this as well?

One possibility, unfortunately, is that BMIHT has made a mistake.  Or
possibly the records were incorrect to start with.

> 2.    The loose engine that came with the car is  listed on
> the Cert, a
> good thing, but the tranny that is loose with it does  not
> have nor does it
> show to have had the O/D unit on it.  Perhaps not  the
> original tranny?

Could be ... what's the number on it ?

I'd look for other signs the car originally had OD, like scars around the
second hole in the dash, around where the relay mounted to the battery box,
etc.  Also look for the OD wiring harness (for under the dash), which has 3
wires and is kind of a 'T' shape, with a wire between each point of the 'T'.

Randall
(Tedious but unavoidable disclaimer follows)

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its
affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to
third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic
mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying
of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

===     http://www.vtr.org