[Fot] Cylinder head freeze plug help

Subject: [Fot] Cylinder head freeze plug help
From: jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com (Jack Wheeler)
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 14:40:01 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Jim.? Consider this.? Pulling the head may give you the most correct fit,
and also may be quicker, all things considered.? When I was racing, and had to
pull the head at the race track, I could get it off and back on, new head
gasket, and nuts torqued, in under an hour.? By the time you make clearance
under the dash, and drive the plug in, possibly not aligned correctly, I'll bet
you will have over an hour invested.? Good luck.

Jack

PS.? have you determined what caused the freeze plug to blow out?? The one time
I had that happen at the race track, it was the result of a major cylinder head
failure.? You may be looking at a bigger problem than just the freeze plug.

    On Tuesday, May 1, 2018, 8:53:42 PM EDT, Duncan Charlton via Fot <fot at