[Fot] Cylinder head freeze plug help

Subject: [Fot] Cylinder head freeze plug help
From: gblake58tr3 at icloud.com (Greg Blake)
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 20:18:34 -0500
References: <007301d3e0df$0f519510$2df4bf30$@comcast.net> <54F1DAC5-4973-4B59-BE65-5429307EF28D@gmail.com> <004701d3e141$c94bd3b0$5be37b10$@comcast.net> <14957666.34523972.1525186055122.JavaMail.zimbra@embarqmail.com> <C198A28C-C53F-4BEB-8B7A-1F1C425C2E8D@gmail.com> <1578549516.3226855.1525272001739@mail.yahoo.com> <742645101.5219.1525273969200@connect.xfinity.com> <A50F11BA8510420091B9DCF1E56E4E4A@VlackTK121647>
I had one pop out on me at the Sunday afternoon race of the Kastner cup at Road
Atlanta a few years ago. I was bummed to miss out on the remaining laps so
figured I did not want that to happen again.

When I pulled the head, I drilled and tapped to 10-32 holes each side of the
rear freeze plug. After installing the new plug, I installed a bar that spans
the plug and bolts to the head using the two trapped holes. In the center of
the bar is a weld nut that I run a bolt through to put a little pressure on the
freeze plug. Probably over kill, but Won?t be popping again.

Sent from my iPhone