Re: [TR] Battery troubles

To: "'bill beecher'" <notakitcar@yahoo.com>, "'Chris Simo'" <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Battery troubles
From: "Alex & Janet Thomson" <aljlthomson@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 10:06:36 -0400
Cc: 'list Triumph' <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I agree with Bill - get a conventional style next time, if you can find one.
Even my local NAPA man said to buy an old charger and have it repaired rather
than buy a "new, improved, new technology, it's faster, more efficient, easier,
etc., etc." type of charger. I laugh when I see newer, fancier chargers with
all of these different settings that recognize all of the different battery
types - does the vehicle's alternator have all of those settings????

Use an old style charger and just monitor with a volt meter.

Alex Thomson