Historic Stock Cars

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Historic Stock Cars
From: "Gary S." <speckman@coredcs.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 14:01:51 -0600
I'd like some feedback on the topic of late model Nascar/Winston Cup cars
particating at "vintage" race events.

Looking over the various organizations names, I see words such as "vintage",
"historic" but the common thread seems to be "sportscar".

I wonder why and how the Winston Cup cars, that are as new as 1993, qualify
for these events. Is a 1993 Chevrolet Lumina "historic", or "vintage"?  I
dont think its a "sportscar".

I would be the last person to deny the owners/drivers of these cars their
fun on the track. And I think they even have their own organizations which
hold various events geared toward these cars.

I would just like to know the reasoning behind allowing them to participate
at the "vintage sportscar" events.

I am just looking for feedback, not a war here...so please go easy.

Gary Speckman
Team Thicko