Re: Historic Stock Cars

To: hayes@mediaone.net, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Historic Stock Cars
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 10:50:21 -0500 (EST)
Jim;

Personally, I don't think they're either vintage (unless they're more than
20ish years old, in which case then they are), or sportscars.  But, I
certainly enjoy seeing them run, and would very much like to give one a go.
 I see no reason to exclude them from vintage race meets unless the turnout
of truly vintage complying participants is so large that they can't be
accommodated.  CSRG just invited a group to the recent Thunderhill event, and
they were a most welcome diversion.

VARA lets them run in the exhibition class that some events offer.  Until
they show up with so many cars that they need their own event, I think they
should be allow to participate whenever possible and feasible.

There's my 2 cents worth...

Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus (enjoying a deserved end of season rest) Cortina #128