Re: Historic Stock Cars

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net, speckman@coredcs.com
Subject: Re: Historic Stock Cars
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 1997 23:45:01 -0500
One way of looking at this is that they pay an entry fee. This helps to
fill fields and make the promoters some money. We continue to get to
race. I guess I can live with them showing up as long as they have to
pay and it helps the event make money.

Some purists would say that my car doesn't belong in a vintage race
because it was a street car and has no racing history or isn't old
enough. I would hope that I can continue to race and not be excluded
from the fun because someone felt my car didn't fit the definition of
"vintage racing".

Besides, when the stock cars run, I usually bench race or work on the
car or get ready for the next session.

* Tom Shirley                                             *
* Sale Creek, TN (just north of Chattanooga)              *
* 72 Datsun 510 #18 (the race car)     71 MG Midget       *
* Visit the Nickel & Dime Racing website at               *
* http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080        *