Re: Bugeye Sprites w/ 1275cc at SVRA

To: mra@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: Bugeye Sprites w/ 1275cc at SVRA
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 09:30:13 -0500 (EST)
To all:

For the record; anyone who has tried to enter a bugeye with anything other
than a 948 during the last six years will tell you that it just won't happen.
I think we have the most dedicated group of 948/bugeye drivers out there. The
reason is simple, we do enforce the 948 rule, and these guys know it. We also
expect these cars to have grilles, headlights, at least a proper racing
windscreen, etc. There is one car that has a fiberglass bonnet that we have
grandfather until the car changes owners. This is out of respect for an
agreement that was made between the owner and a past SVRA official who now
works for another group. (We do honor our agreements, even if they were made
in error).

It certainly is possible that one of our regular 948 guys slipped a "big
motor" in on us. This could happen to anyone. We check for these things, but
not every time. What other clubs other than VARAC even check?

We do allow Hoosier tires, mainly because the Dunlop L tires cost so much
more. The tire issue is valid, but in my opinion, un-resolveable.

JW