Re: Bugeye Sprites w/ 1275cc at SVRA

To: DWhitesdJr@aol.com
Subject: Re: Bugeye Sprites w/ 1275cc at SVRA
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 19:12:20 -0500
DWhitesdJr@aol.com wrote: (regarding tires)

> This is not an "un-solveable" issue.  Historic racing in Europe has used the
> HARD COMPOUND tire rule with success for several years.  etc

In addition, Club Ford uses a similar rule and it works. I ran Club Ford
for several years and was relieved that we were not on the
tire-of-the-month plan. They were pretty hard but lasted a season and a
half sometimes. And, I hate to admit it, but the one time I had to buy
non-spec tires because the 'right' ones were not available, I was not
any faster. I hate to admit to driver limitation, but....