Re: Building cars to the FIA specification

To: <dlaver@ms.com>, "Patrick Young" <ply@rosenet.it>
Subject: Re: Building cars to the FIA specification
From: "Graeme Sutherland" <graeme@pixelfusion.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 09:54:17 +0100
+ To get FIA papers do I need to 'prove' my particular chassis number was
raced
+ in period - or is it enough to prepare it to the original factory
published spec
+ for the model?   My reading of Appendix K (confused, cross eyed etc etc)
was
+ the later.

    My understanding is that a car without any race history can be rebuilt
as a race car. The only race car builder that I know on a personal level (DG
Motorsports) tend to buy any basket case TVR Griffiths that they can find,
and aren't too bothered about a competition history.

        Graeme