Fwd: Building cars to the FIA specification

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: Building cars to the FIA specification
From: MRogers726@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 13:41:14 EDT

--part0_904930874_boundary

In a message dated 98-09-04 13:39:51 EDT, MRogers726 writes:

<<
 << The point being do not assume that having FIA papers means that the car is
as stated or is the same car the papers were issued to. Buyer  beware! >>

 While this is very importent to collectors/investors I and hopefully WE who
are interested in vintage racing should be more concerned that ANY car out on
the track has a high similarity to that which we would have found on the track
during the period thae car was actually racing. That the car isn't actually
the one that Fangio drove actually can be considered an advantage since
vintage racing has evolved into something similar to SCCA smasher-crasher
racing which puts the real cars at significant risk! This is a discussion that
has gone on for some time.
 Regards; Michael* >>

--part0_904930874_boundary