Re: Building cars to the FIA specification

To: "Graeme Sutherland" <graeme@pixelfusion.com>
Subject: Re: Building cars to the FIA specification
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 08:43:38 -0400
I have a friend with a TVR (Triumph 6 cyl) that he's selling, fully prepped
and now (finally!) reliable...he got tired of waiting for it to come around
and went Formula Ford racing with a different preparation outfit while the
first group got the TVR sorted!   But it's in Toronto, so may be too much
bother for you to worry about.  Several friends also run Morgans, including
one three wheeler and one 1957 or so, with TR-4 engine, that the owner
bought new!

In any event, my perusal of the FIA page was interesting, to say the least.
My car is fine for any club in North America, being prepared to a quite
original state - I'm only the second person to have ever raced it, and the
third owner.  I suspect that since it was sold without engine originally,
and the Martin engine added in it's second year of life, that I might have
to do some fast talking to get it "FIA'd", but my real interest is to just
add to my general fund of knowledge about the era.  The next challenge will
be to find the homologation papers for a 1965 Merlyn Mk6A, of which only
about 20 were ever made.  It will keep me amused, if nothing else!
Brian