TR / MG Challenge

To: vintage race list <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR / MG Challenge
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 16:03:29 -0500
Re: invitations / acceptance for current SCCA cars:

I cast my vote in favor of NOT inviting cars prepared to current SCCA
rules.

Ditto for drivers who are SCCA drivers, not vintage drivers.

Ours is a vintage sports car racing hobby. If folks want to race
vintage, they should get a vintage car and a vintage license. That's
what I did, after racing SCCA for thirty years.

SCCA racing is different. Drivers currently racing only SCCA race to a
different rhythm, so to speak. I doubt that inviting current cars and
drivers will produce one more spectator at the gates. It may satisfy
some degree of curiosity, but we all know those cars will be
significantly faster prepared to current rules.

Please, dual SCCA / vintage racers, don't take offense. We love you.
BUT, if we invite folks who currently race only SCCA, I see nothing to
be gained but a loss of focus on the vintage / historic spirit.

--
uncle jack
TR4 Rallye Replica vintage racer