Re: Tow Vehicle

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tow Vehicle
From: CooperS66@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 15:15:50 EDT
I pull my Mini with a Toyota 4 Runner.  I love the 4Runner but not as a tow
vehicle.  Last year I had a chance to use a friends Ford diesel.  I pulled
the car from NW Arkansas to approximately 60 miles east of St. Louis on a
single tank of fuel.  The Mini weighs about 1400 pounds, the trailer is 1000
pounds plus.  I set the cruise control on 75 and motored up the road.  If I
had the dollars to spend, I'd go diesel.

Since then I've gotten rid of the big trailer and found a nice single axle
that weighs considerably less.

Tim