Re: Tow Vehicle

To: <tomph@ix.netcom.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tow Vehicle
From: "John Lehman" <JELehman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 18:58:00 -0400
My 2c worth:  I've got a '96 Chevy S-10 sportside p/u to pull the 1940 lb.
GT6 and a trailer that weighs around a ton and it has been great.  The 190hp
vortec pulls all the hills Ohio and PA have thrown at it with aplomb at 70+.
Its 16 gallon tank has its limits but I figure to need a stop every four or
five hours.  It's rated at 6,000 lb towing capacity or 10,000 gvw.  Not bad
for an every day driver that gets 23-25 mpg when not towing.  No major
problems yet with the clock past 101,000 miles.  I like the looks of the
sportside bed and the convenience of the third (driver's side) door.  I
ordered it spec'ed out with the complete heavy duty trailering package for
around $18,000.

Just my opinion.  I'd like to do what Mordy suggests and get the motor home.
A 23 foot-er would even fit in the new garage.

John Lehman
'68 Triumph GT6