Tow Vehicle

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Tow Vehicle
From: tomph@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 13:14:02 -0500 (CDT)
Hi All,

I've been lurking ever since I picked up a Datsun 2000 that I hope to run in
some driving schools, vintage race and/or Solo II events. I have been towing
it behind an '83 Ford E150 van that has a 4.9 6 cyl and 3 speed auto but
it's just to much for van to handle. It has a hard time keeping up to speed
when I hit those steeper grades on the interstates.

I'm starting to look for a used pickup truck and would like to ask for some
advice, based on your experiences, on what to look for in make, model,
engine size, manual vs automatic, desiel vs gas, options, etc. Any help
would be appreciated. Car is about 2K lbs and trailer is a tilt bed single
axle that is under 1k lbs.

I already know I need AC and want dual gas tanks.  You can send replies
direct if you don't want to tie up the list.

Thanx
Tom