Re: crack-up at the historics

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: crack-up at the historics
From: "Mordy Dunst" <mordyd@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 07:58:29 -0600
I suppose a basic "rule of thumb" would be "if you race-it -- be prepared to
lose-it".  If your pockets are deep anything can be run,repaired, and run
again.  I'm sure the Aston, Lister Corvette and Ol yaller will be
meticulously repaired and on the track again.  Some restoration shop will
take intense pride in landing the job and will be paid handsomely to do so.
Eventually the cars will be on the track again for all to see and
appreciate. My original email did not include names of drivers ( it was not
that important to me.)  I may have gotten the cars confused but I'm no
expert.

I must say though that the coverage that SV had was just outstanding.  The
vicarious thrill was worth it in its own right.  Toward the end of the
program on Sunday -I enjoyed the petty banter and lovely commentary between
the commentators (Hobbs vs. Redman....).  Poor Hobbs, to be sat in a less
than optimally prepared BMW...

Mordy