Re: GT6 suspension mods

To: JWoesvra@aol.com, milano164@mediaone.net, Gt6steve@aol.com,
Subject: Re: GT6 suspension mods
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:22:54 EDT
In a message dated 08/05/2000 9:51:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
JWoesvra@aol.com writes:

<<  Since I am at home today, I don't have my GCR's handy, so I cannot
 quote the regs verbatim. SCCA did allow axles, spindles, hubs, bearings and
 driveshafts to be freely replaced by 1967. >>

Just to follow up on my previous comments:

Quotes from 1967 GCR, Appendix A, 1. Production Category, 1.2 Authorized
modifications.

B. Tires, Wheels, Suspension

6. "The modification or substitution of front spindles and/or rear axle
shafts, and modification or substitutions of hubs, bearings, bearing
carriers, universal joints, and drive shafts. These changes may not result in
any changes in tread dimensions as measured from the center line of the car,
or any changes in the suspension components, or suspension geometry."

<In my view, this would allow a GT6 to replace everything outboard of the
differential, including the diff stub axles and bearing carrier (upright
member), as long as the transverse leaf spring and lower wishbone was
retained and the brake drum is the correct diameter.>

D. Engine and Drive-Train

16. "The use of any limited slip differential, except that no substitution of
the differential housing is permitted"

<this would corroborate the Studebaker/Sunbeam LSD conversion>

Jack Woehrle