Re: GT6 suspension mods

To: lwdent@fwi.com, trnut@cwnet.com
Subject: Re: GT6 suspension mods
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 12:11:18 EDT
In a message dated 08/07/2000 9:51:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lwdent@fwi.com writes:

<< See my longer message on Gp 44 and the GT 6, but I know for a fact that
 Gp 44 did NOT use anything but standard diff and hubs, but the trick was
 the heim ball in the middle of the spring eye, and that was NOT legal
 with SCCA, but was hidden so well that no tech inspector every
 discovered it. Without that heim for free articulation the spring arc
 would break the diff or the hub.  they were plenty strong, but the
 intersection arks of the rear arm and spring would interfear with each
 other once you took out all the rubber bushings and replaced with nylon
 or what ever.

 I was the only one who ever know about this outside of Lankie and Bryan >>

Larry,

We have the ex-Dennis Weglarz GT6. He was from South Lyon, Michigan and ran
mainly at Waterford, Mid-Ohio,Gratten,IRP, Elkhart Lake,etc.

This car has the exact same spherical ball pressed into the leaf spring eye
and also one of the same in the center of the lower wishbone eye where it
attaches to the frame. This must not have been a very well kept secret!

Jack Woehrle