RE: GT6 suspension mods

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GT6 suspension mods
From: "John J. Black" <transmancat@bbnow.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 11:28:22 -0700
Hi Guys
Just widen the body to cover those tires! the things people do and used to
do just to gain the edge. Triumph had great success with Tony Dron and the
works Dolomite Sprints on the European circuits, now if you looked in side
the car the thing looked stock, but if you looked close, the measurement
from the bottom of the door to the floor pan had changed..... Stock length
springs sir.. honest, but the car is now lower. Maybe the settled down some?
The factory always denied this. But, try getting a measurement off one of
the team cars even now! Take a look at the period track shots of the day and
see how low this "stock height car" actually is. Did someone really do a
channel job????? NO way, that would not be allowed in the rules <grin>
All part of the game.
BTW Tony Dron is an excellent journalist and one hell of a driver. When he
was racing 911's I saw him repeatedly throw the whole car sideways, yet
remain in full control on every lap (no mean feat in a 911) but this was
with very heavy rain on the track as well, that not only takes guts but a
lot of skill.
Regards
John J Black
Waterloo Drivetrain Systems