Re: Bell Mag-4 helmet purchase questions

To: jfcowan@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Bell Mag-4 helmet purchase questions
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 12:30:32 -0600
I bought my Bell helmet from http://www.bellmotorsports.com/.  I don't
think they are related to the Bell helmet company.  I think I paid about
as much as would have from Racer Wholesale, but they also sent a free
pair of Bell sunglasses.  The sunglasses are pretty good, they have
straight earpieces designed to make it easier to put them on while
wearing the helmet.  They are a little cheapy, though, and I wouldn't
have paid the $23 they normally ask for them.

I think the Mag-4 is an open-faced helmet.  That's fine for autocross,
but I would recommend a full-face helmet for driving school.  I think
most racing organizations require a full-face helmet in an open car.

On Mon, 05 Nov 2001 08:35:39 -0800 John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>
writes:
>     I'm considering purchasing a Bell Mag-4 (SA 2000) helmet for use
> with
> my '60 TR-3A in  autocross and possibly driving school when I build
> more
> safety into the car.  I would also use the helmet for similar
> purposes with
> a BMW 318is.  I don't plan to race.
>     Does this sound like a good choice?
>     Also, can you recommend a mail order firm or commercial web site
> that
> might offer this helmet at a discounted price?
>     Thanks.
> John Cowan
>
> ///
> ///  vintage-race@autox.team.net mailing list