Re: Bell Mag-4 helmet purchase questions

To: "David Littlefield" <dmeadow@juno.com>, <jfcowan@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Bell Mag-4 helmet purchase questions
From: "Charles F. Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 16:15:19 -0500
personally being a motorcycle rider i "thought" i would never wear a full
face helmet.   but after speaking to many individuals about preferences i
chose a full face helmet.  i have 2 open cars and 1 sedan so the choice was
based mostly upon the open cars but after wearing my simpson helmet for a
few years now i have grown very comfortable with it.  my biggest problem is
fogging up my glasses while sitting on a grid waiting to get on course.   i
have found that if i pull out my glasses and sit them out on the edge of the
opening on my helmet (with the ear pieces just above my ears , so they slide
right down over the ears when pushed back onto my nose)  i can keep from
fogging up and it is an easy task to push back my glasses just before
letting out the clutch to join the cars in front pulling out onto the
course.  if my glasses fog up i feel a bit paranoid that they will not clear
in time and actually worry more about having them clear up in "time to roll"
than i do about anything else.   i guess this is a "person who wears
glasses" problem but thought i'd share it with you.

chuck.
btw, i have a new fog free sheild and figure it is time to install that
during the winter months....before sebring???   :)