Re: Bell Mag-4 helmet purchase questions

To: John Cowan <jfcowan@pacbell.net>, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bell Mag-4 helmet purchase questions
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 09:58:44 -0500
you'll be ultimately disappointed with an open face helmet.  You probably
won't be allowed on track with it in the TR-3, and it's not at all
comfortable above parking lot speeds.  You get a lot of drag and lift with
an open face helmet that you avoid with closed face.  I use a Bell designed
with a more open eye port for use with glasses, and it is very
satisfactory.  No serious racers besides Dale Earnhart use open face, and
none in an open car.

Brian

At 11:35 AM 11/5/01, John Cowan wrote:
>     I'm considering purchasing a Bell Mag-4 (SA 2000) helmet for use with
>my '60 TR-3A in  autocross and possibly driving school when I build more
>safety into the car.  I would also use the helmet for similar purposes with
>a BMW 318is.  I don't plan to race.
>     Does this sound like a good choice?
>     Also, can you recommend a mail order firm or commercial web site that
>might offer this helmet at a discounted price?
>     Thanks.
>John Cowan
>
>///
>///  vintage-race@autox.team.net mailing list