Re: Motor oil

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Motor oil
From: Bradley Temperley <braddles@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:39:50 +1100
I use Penrite HPR50 which is 40W-70.  My motor is a 1973 3500 10.5:1 CR with
about 140000 miles on it.  Perhaps because of wear and the ambient temperature
the thicker oil has never presented problems.  In fact noticed better fuel
economy with more viscous oil.  Perhaps the oil tends to cling to parts because
I don't notice any noise during start-up that goes away after running.
Most of my friends use the same oil in their Rovers and swear by it.  The
Penlight rep recommends thicker oil whether the motor is worn or not.  Newer
Rovers may have different requirements, however.

Subjective, but another opinion for the books.

1973 Rover P6B ROV-35L "Reynold"