Re: 4.2 engine

To: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Subject: Re: 4.2 engine
From: lmg@gomog.com
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 08:06:40 -0400
Jim Stuart wrote:

> You would not want to use 215 heads on a 4.6, smaller valves smaller
> diameter combustion chambers as a start. Bell housings should interchange.

Which heads are you thinking of..the standard Rover/LR heads or Stage I,
Stage II or Stage III?

> The front cover is where you will run into problems.

There is no reason not to use your original cover which resolves all
space and fitting issues. I can see no advantage in changing the oil
pump, water pump, ignition system and cover for at that point the engine
block swap becomes a cumbersome and super-expensive venture.

Lorne