Re: 4.2 engine

To: ian.crocker@btinternet.com (Ian Crocker)
Subject: Re: 4.2 engine
From: Ian Crocker <ian@btcase.bt.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:39:22 +0100 (BST)
> You would not want to use 215 heads on a 4.6, smaller valves smaller
> diameter combustion chambers as a start. Bell housings should interchange.

I have a competition engine built into one of the new blocks.  It uses the
old 215 heads with standard valves and it outperforms most 'higher spec'
engines on the track, dragstrip and dyno.  It was built by John Eales.
Valve size is not that critical on these engines as the ports are so
restrictive.

I've also got a magazine article that fully describes the engines and answers
most of the questions being kicked around here.  I'll scan it in today
and put it on my website in the 'technical' section by 18:00 GMT today.

Regards,

Ian
--
Ian Crocker    ian@btcase.bt.co.uk    www.seight.com